A progress report on Ziglyph:
- Code point type detection (punctuation, symbols, letters, etc.)
- Unicode case (lower, upper, title) detection and conversion.
- Unicode case folding.
- Unicode normalization via Canonical (D) and Compatibility (KD) decomposition.
- Grapheme Cluster segmentation and iteration.
In addition, the library now includes a UTF-8 string type: Zigstr that uses much of the Ziglyph functionality to provide:
- Byte level methods.
- Code point level methods.
- Grapheme cluster level methods.
- Equality comparisons (exact, ignore case, normalized).
- Case detection / conversion.
- and much more!
This is the v0.1.0 release, or as I see it, the “get it to work” release. I would now like to do some refactoring and optimizations before moving on to more functionality. Hope its already useful to anybody needing some Unicode tools in Zig. Feedback is welcome and greatly appreciated!