Email Problems Solved

March, 25, 2021 / 14:30 CET

Hi,
Today, a very kind user brought some email problems to my attention. Email notification seem to have stop working. To be honest I could not figure out the problem in useful time so I have reconfigured the whole mail/smtp setup for zigforum.org. The reason I was so quick in my decision, is that I wasn’t happy with my smtp provider choice right from the beginning. The decision was solely based on the lowest tier being free. Now I use something from my own collection of well tested services. It should run better now, but it is more tied to my person.

In the future, I (we) should think about how to financially fund this forum (donations?). My goal is to make the platform run independently from me some day

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks @ben !

What amount do you think would be needed? I probably wouldn’t mind donating a few bucks on a regular basis.

Not sure what the best method would be though.

1 Like

Research might be a better term. I don’t recall other communities asking for donations, at least I think its rather uncommon. Correct me if I’m wrong.
The other thing is, as soon as money comes into play there are (rightfully) more demands in availability and overall professionalism. So these are a few things to think about.

On the other hand, we have this quote here

So maybe I should try that out and have a look how a good and transparent donations system works

1 Like